2022-2023 College Scholarship Application
For the 2022-2023 school year Delta County Federal Credit Union is offering four $1,000 scholarships to selected students who are pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited college, university, or technical school located in the United States. One scholarship each will be offered to students in the Delta, North Fork, Cedaredge and Vision. Scholarship applications are due not later than Friday, April 7, 2023 at 5pm, and recipients will be notified on or before Friday, April 14, 2023.
- The Delta County Federal Credit Union (DCFCU) scholarships are open to members in good standing – those who have not caused a financial loss to the Credit Union. If applicant is not a current member of DCFCU, applicant may become eligible by obtaining membership prior to the application due date.
- Delta County Federal Credit Union scholarships are open to pending 2023 graduates of Delta County Joint District 50 Schools. Applicants must plan to pursue an undergraduate degree or certification from an accredited college, university, or technical school and be accepted for matriculation in the fall of 2023.
- All parts of the application must be complete, all stipulated requirements fulfilled, and the application signed. All information included in the application will be treated as confidential. Incomplete or unsigned applications will be disqualified.
- A typed essay must accompany the completed application. (instructions below)
- Submitted scholarship applications must include a copy of high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submitted scholarship applications must include a copy of an acceptance letter from the accredited college, university, or technical school that the applicant is planning to attend in the fall of 2023. (Note: If a letter of acceptance has not yet been received, please provide a letter from High School counselor stating the name of the institution and the date application for admission was mailed.)
- Completed and signed applications, including essays and other stipulated requirements, must be returned to one of the Credit Union locations on, or before, the application deadline of 5pm, April 7, 2023. Applicants may return the scholarship application by mail to: Delta County Federal Credit Union, Attn: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 480, Hotchkiss, CO 81419. Scholarship applications may also be turned in at any Credit Union location (100 Circle Drive, Delta or 120 North 6th Street, Hotchkiss, or 210 SE Independence Avenue, Cedaredge - inside Food Town).
Essay Topic and Requirements
An essay written by the applicant, on the specified topic, must accompany the completed scholarship application, and must meet the following criteria:
- The essay must be typed using 12 point, Times New Roman font, on 8 ½ ” x 11” white paper with one-inch margins on all sides.
- The essay should be approximately 300-500 words.
- The 2022-2023 essay topic is: “What one thing do you like best about your credit union and how can the credit union better help our younger member with their financial needs?”
Scholarship winners will be notified no later than Wednesday, April 14, 2023. The Scholarship Committee’s decisions are final.
Scholarship winners will be asked to submit a photograph, electronically, in jpeg format, to be used to publicize the winners of the 2022-2023 Delta County Federal Credit Union Scholarship.